The X & SX vertical windlass range series is designed to provide anchoring solutions for sail and motor boats from 18 to 100 feet. The X series as standard, comes in mirror polished marine bronze produced by hot forging and it is made up by the following models: X1, X2, X3, X4 and Ercole Vertical. All X series windlasses are available in standard version with drum and in low profile version. The SX Series is the new, round base vertical windlass and consists of the models SX1, SX2, SX3, SX3.5, SX4 and SX5. The SX Series is constructed with marine stainless steel AISI 316L to make sure the windlass is corrosion free. In addition the round base designs offers a more compact structure. All SX series windlasses are available in standard version with drum and in low profile version, except the SX1 (only low profile). All models are available in different motorization to meet all customers’ requirements. The ranges X4 to Ercole Vertical, from X Series, and SX4 to SX5, from SX Series, have been designed to be installed in yachts with a length of more that 55ft. These yachts require well-designed professional equipment, with a high mechanical performance and a high level of reliability. With a purpose-built gearbox design, giving them top performance in terms of maximum pull and speed, these models are a reference point in their category. Lofrans’ has achieved an excellent reputation for these specific anchor windlasses, which are installed on the most prestigious yachts throughout the world.
- Watertight stainless steel ball bearings in the base, in order to have maintenance-free top performance functionality.
- Clutch consisting of two conical discs, fitted on to the main shaft by two flat parallel planes on the shaft, thus avoiding the use of keys and spreading the load on a wider surface.
- The X series as standard is provided with a pre-fitted sensor in the base and a magnet in the Gypsy, in order to be connected to an optional chain counter system.
- Models X1, X2 and X3 have a Gypsy designed to manage both rope and chain
- Independent drum rotation from Gypsy, for warping operation.
Manual override, enabling the windlass to recover the chain and anchor in the event of electrical failure. The manual override mechanism is within the gearbox, made up by a spring loaded ratchet, whose secondary function is to provide a safety mechanism so that chain jams do not damage the deck.